“The outcome of this arbitration has not only managed to remove one of the main obstacles to the implementation of the Sudan’s 2005 Comprehensive Peace Agreement, but would as well pave the way for the realization of good neighborliness and sustainable peace between the Ngok Dinka and their neighbors.” — General Salva Kiir Mayardit, First Vice President of the Republic, and President of the Government of Southern Sudan
- Anuak of Ethiopia: PILPG assisted the Anuak Justice Council in filing a complaint with the International Criminal Court regarding crimes against humanity committed by the Ethiopian government. PILPG also advised the Anuak in negotiations with the Government of Ethiopia over their right to water.
- Côte d’Ivoire: PILPG provided legal assistance to the Government of Côte d’Ivoire in relation to the investigation and prosecution of atrocity crimes committed during the 2010-2011 post-election crisis. PILPG established a program office in Abidjan to support its work in Côte d’Ivoire.
- Darfur: PILPG served as legal counsel to the Darfuri delegation to the Doha peace talks with the Government of Sudan. PILPG also facilitated a global Darfur Diaspora Consensus Program to assist parties in preparing for peace negotiations and prepared the Darfur Peace Agreement Drafting Guide, a comprehensive document analyzing the impediments to a peaceful resolution of the Darfur conflict. (Photo Album)
- Kenya: PILPG provided legal assistance to the Government of Kenya in its efforts to promote effective governance and national reconciliation. PILPG established a program office in Nairobi to support its work in Kenya. (Photo Album)
- Kenya Piracy Court: PILPG provides research assistance to the UN-supported Kenya Piracy Court. (Photo Album)
- Liberia: PILPG provided legal assistance to the government of Liberia and the Liberian Supreme Court on issues of constitutional reform.
- International Criminal Tribunal for Rwanda: PILPG provides legal assistance to the Office of the Prosecutor for the Rwanda Tribunal in Arusha.
- Republic of South Sudan: PILPG provides legal and policy assistance to the Government of the Republic of South Sudan in its post-secession negotiations with the Government of Sudan. PILPG has advised the Government on issues relating to the dispute over the Abyei area, the process of drafting a permanent constitution, and matters related to state building and good governance. PILPG also served as legal counsel for the Sudan People’s Liberation Movement in the arbitration against the Government of Sudan over the disputed Abyei region. PILPG established a program office in Juba to support its work in Southern Sudan. (Photo Album)
- San Bushmen of Botswana: PILPG assisted the San Bushman of Botswana in contesting their displacement from their ancestral domain within the Central Kalahari Game Reserve. As part of this representation, PILPG also assisted the San Bushman in filing a related complaint with the International Finance Corporation.
- Special Court for Sierra Leone: PILPG provides legal assistance to the Office of the Prosecutor for the Special Court for Sierra Leone.
- Somalia: PILPG served as legal counsel to the civil society delegation to the Somalia peace talks held in Eldoret, Kenya.
- Somaliland: PILPG advised the Somaliland government on a variety of legal issues pertaining to constitutional reform and legislative enactments. PILPG established a program office in Hargeisa to support its work in Somaliland. (Photo Album)
- South Africa: PILPG advised the Parliament of South Africa on a variety of international legal issues, including questions relating to due process, human rights protections, and narcotics trafficking.
- Tanzania: PILPG assists Tanzanian government officials and the Commission on Human Rights and Good Governance in implementing and strengthening national human rights laws. PILPG established a program office in Dar es Salaam to support its work in Tanzania. (Photo Album)
- Uganda: PILPG provided legal assistance to the Ugandan government in connection with the development of a special war crimes chamber within the High Court. PILPG also provided legal assistance in drafting legislation to create a truth-telling body. PILPG established a program office in Kampala to support its work in Uganda. (Photo Album)
- Zimbabwe: PILPG assisted the Movement for Democratic Change in implementing the Global Political Agreement between Zimbabwe’s leading political parties.